To facilitate this work, the Cannon Association of South Africa has concluded a Memorandum of Understanding with the South African Heritage Resources Agency.
Benefits of Membership
- 1. Access to an update of the latest Durr Estates record of guns in South Africa.
- 2. An advisory of any cannon looking for a home.
- 3. An advisory on planned firings.
- 4. Priority for lectures, talks and demonstrations on cannon.
- 5. Advice on cannon maintenance and repair.
- 6. Access to training, certification and registration as a gunner plus regular updates on gunnery techniques, procedures,safety rules and regulations.
- 7. Access to a world-wide cannon network.
- 8. A number of newsletters per year.
- 9. Advisory on the progress and achievements of the cannon fellowship.
The preservation and appropriate utilisation of the historic muzzle loading ordnance in South Africa.
To locate, record and identify the guns. To prevent their loss, recover them where possible and display them at suitable public places. To respect the confidentiality of private ownership.